Wednesday 27 February 2013

Thursday Book Review


The style of writing spoiled this book for me. I know that's the author's style but I'd never read his work before and I found it really difficult trying to wade through his descriptions. In the end, I just scanned past the bits that were boring me. I had heard he started this book as a script idea for TV and I think it would work brilliantly as a TV show due to the wonderful conversations he's written 
in and there would none of the dullness and ramblings that bored me in the book.

From reading the blurb, I thought the idea of what the book was about was intriguing and it was. I loved the characters and once I'd filtered the annoying descriptions, I got a well rounded view of Telegraph Avenue and the fascinating characters that lived there.  


He definitely captured the everyday struggle of life although for a man writing about women, he didn't surprise in doing only an average job.

If you managed Franzten's Freedom then you'll cope with irritations of this book and it is a good story with great characters, so it's worth persevering if you have the patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment