Monday 8 June 2015

The Paperback Summer reading challenge



I'm a bit slow on the uptake and I've only just discovered the Paperback Summer reading challenge.


This is run by Sophie and Suze, fellow book bloggers. Their challenge is for us to read as many paperbacks as we can in June, July and August (so, over the summer).


Now, I came back over to the UK a year ago with 3 books and have somehow managed to accumulate about 90 more in that time. Some of them are Uni books, more have been passed on or given away in that time but I have 54 left to read. And 8 graphic novels. And in July, my shipment of books should arrive from Australia. When I left I had around 500 books, of which I had 90 on my still TBR pile.


Somehow I can't see me making my way through 162 books in 3 months, so I'm going to settle for a far more easily obtainable number of 20. That might seem low to some people but trust me, try my job for a week and I challenge you be able to find the mental capacity to handle a book after one of my shifts! All you want to do is sleep!


So the books I plan to read are (and I am cheating by including the three books I'm reading at the moment as I started them in June!):-

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

Obsession in Death by J D Robb

The State We are in by Adele Parks

The Gospel of Loki by Joanne Harris

That Girl from Nowhere by Dorothy Koomson

The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton

A Girl is a Half-Formed Thing by Eimear McBride

The Universe Versus Alex Woods by Gavin Extence

We are all Completely Beside Ourselves by Karen Joy Fowler

Mrs Dalloway by Virginia Woolf

The Celebrity at Home by Violet Hunt

Longbourn by Jo Baker

Half of a Yellow Sun by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

The Reluctant Fundamentalist by Mohsin Hamid

Lives of Girls and Women by Alice Munro

Silver Shadows by Richelle Mead

The Ruby Circle by Richelle Mead

The Truth About You by Susan Lewis

Call The Midwife by Jennifer Worth

An Astronaut's Guide to Life by Chris Hadfield


I will probably chop and change this list though depending on my mood! That's what I do! I'm a fickle soul!

(Just nipped into Waterstones and picked up -

All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr


So make that 21 books on my list now!)

No comments:

Post a Comment