Monday 3 August 2015

Paperback summer reading challenge - June-July


Since starting the paperback summer challenge in June, I have deviated somewhat from my original list, as I suspected I would! I have added 6 to that original list of 21 books! It's no wonder I'm going to struggle with completing the list by the end of August! As well as the above, I have also read the 3 e-books below -






My absolute favourite book that I have read so far this summer is To Kill a Mockingbird (my review of which is here) but I also really enjoyed the following. Randomly all of which are science fiction/fantasy!:-

Deviants by Maureen McGgowan - the writing was only ok but the plot and characters were very strong and I was thoroughly involved in the story. I can't wait to start the next book in the series.

The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss - I was asked to read this for my friend's bookclub and I was excited as it has been on my to-read list for years! It is a large book (661 pages) so I was a bit intimidated but couldn't put it down until I had finished. Now I need to find the time to read the rest in the series!

Station Eleven by Emily St.John Mandel - you can find my review of this lovely book here


My to-read shelf now looks like this -

I have a feeling that this shelf will take me onto the end of September. I'll be lucky if I finish 3 or 4 of them by the end of August but at least I have made a good effort to reduce my to-read shelf! It's just a shame that I keep adding to it by buying more!

I am most looking forward to reading All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr and The Lives of Girls and Women by Alice Munro, mainly to see if they live up to the hype. 

I always love reading Dorothy Koomson, she is one of my favourites, and an author whose books I never miss. I have been wanting to read Joanne Trollope’s version of Sense and Sensibility ever since it as first published and I’m currently hunting for Val McDermid’s version of Northanger Abbey.

How are you all getting on with your paperback summer reading challenges?  

Don't forget to check out my Bloglovin site, it's a great place to find new blogs.

TWITTER FACEBOOK BLOGLOVIN PINTEREST INSTAGRAM

No comments:

Post a Comment